Friday, April 17, 2009

Stepping Stones

It is so easy to get overwhelmed in this industry. It's hard to stop focusing on the long term goal and instead focus on short term stepping stones. Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting and reading a scene for director Steve Carr. Steve was so down to earth, knowledgeable and friendly. He knows how to talk to actors which is a special talent as far as directors go. It was an amazing opportunity to be directed for a moment by a major Hollywood director. And the thing is- it felt so normal. So right. It was a breeze. I wasn't even nervous because he was just so damn personable.

So yesterday, I was reading in front of a Hollywood director and today I'm back to my (somewhat) normal life of trying to make ends meet while keeping the dream alive. I saw a glimpse of the big picture, of the long term goal, and I want more. Acting is not just my passion and dream- it is my addiction. Once I have a taste, I always want more. I will not stop until I get to savor that sweet satisfaction.

Stepping stones are the most important part of my life right now. Being so, I'd like to give a shout out to Jagger Kaye of www.CASTINGSnCLASSES.com. Jagger is in the business of providing actors with the best stones to step on. He hosts classes, industry events and he sends out free castings. (Half of what’s on my resume are things that I got through Jagger’s casting service.) Jagger is the one responsible for setting up yesterday’s amazing event for a few actors to meet Steve. As a favor to us actors, and a way to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of his business, he did yesterday’s event for free. I have taken several coaching classes with Jagger and gone to a slew of his industry events and what makes him so special is that he takes each and every one of these events personally. He gets to know all of his students. We're not just numbers to him. We are people that he wants to see succeed. Thank you Jagger for all that you do.

One stepping stone at a time. But oh, how lovely that big picture looks. One stone at a time . . .

1 comment: