Monday, April 6, 2009

Contentedness


(This is what happens on a Saturday night when construction workers leave wet pavement in the East Village and E coerces others to leave their mark. )

This weekend was a crazy blur of fun and constructiveness. I picture wrapped my film late Friday night and am sad to be finished with the project. But as I was riding back into Manhattan from set, I took one look at the city skyline glowing in the pitch black sky and a profound happiness set into my soul. I took a deep breath and sighed contentedly. I’m living my dream right now. I’m an actress in New York City, one of the best cities in the world. When I was little, I never dreamed about being rich and famous (ok, maybe I did some of the time,) but what I really dreamed about was living the life of an artist in New York. Sure, I don’t have a lot of money, sure I still consider Mac & Cheese to be an extremely satisfying meal, but I am living my dream. Lately I have not been as stressed about my future- I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing and let the wind blow me in whichever direction the leaves are inspired to take me.

Saturday I had an audition for a TV series which I think went pretty well. I had a bit of a revelation about film/TV acting during one of my past ambien induced hallucinations and I’ve actually been feeling a lot better about my acting ever since. Saturday night was my good friend, C’s surprise birthday party. It was very cool to see C shocked to see so many people she loved in the same room at the same time. She had been bummed because she thought we all forgot about her birthday which made it even sweeter.
Then on Sunday, I had an awesome photoshoot in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Walking around Williamsburg on a Sunday afternoon is nothing short of awesome- artists thrive there. There were people selling books, paintings, jewelry, and singing and playing the drums throughout the street. The loft I shot in was AMAZING. Light was pouring in from every angle with a view of the East River below. After my shoot, I made my way over to a chocolate bar for another good friend, LL’s birthday. There have been a lot of birthdays this month and mine is THIS THURSDAY, so the BF has a lot to live up to! Hint hint, BF.

All in all, I have to say I am very content right now. And if nothing else, at least my initials will forever be immortalized on a little patch of sidewalk in the great East Village.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see your initials in the picture. Where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, they're hiding in the back with a penny I put in there. It was too dark to get them in the photo with just my camera phone.

    ReplyDelete