Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I know how to be Angry!

I just had the weirdest audition. The audition itself, I thought went well, though I’m pretty sure it was being run by the mafia. I thought I had a pretty good reading and left the building, hopping down the stairs and into the street. One of the producers then proceeded to chase me into the street yelling in a very Tony Soprano voice, “E, step aside! We need to tawk.” Oh ok! This conversation then ensued:

Mafia Producer: I like ya, I like yur look and I think you’d be great. But I need you to do something fur me. I need you to email the director and tell him you want to come in and audition again. Because you needed to be angrier in the scene.

Me: Oh, um, well I can go back in and do that right now if you’d like.

MP: (In Tony’s best condescending tone) Hunny, you should’ve done that when you were in there.

Me: Oh. Usually people ask actors to make adjustments when they’re in the audition room.

MP: Just please email him. Because I can’t pick ya even though I wanna. (holds up his hand) Hit me.

Me: What?

MP: Hit me!

Me: I’ve hit men before, I know how to be angry. (All of you reading this who know me personally, stop laughing now!)

MP: I said hit me!

Me: Ok! (I proceed to slap his hand.)

MP: Again!

Me: (Now I’m kinda pissed) Fine! (I slap the sh*t out of his hand)

MP: That it! Did you see that? That’s it!

And then the Mafia Producer exits as quickly as he came.


What just happened?!?!?! Anyone? Anyone?!?!

I'm off to my next audition. Hopefully this one will be more normal, though that's doubtful as it's about a sex addicted dominatrix. We shall see.

(btw, since I am writing about auditions and I don’t want certain people to know, if you do know me personally and want to comment, please don’t use my real name. But please comment! Thanks ya’ll!)

No comments:

Post a Comment